The Yumen Pass

I was traveling through China when I came to a line of people.This line of people seemed to come to a stop far away at two gates. It seemed to be that I was far beyond Dunhuang. But as I started to get closer to the gates it seemed to be Gansu. Once I finally got to the gate there was a man asking people for goods. But once I showed him that there was nothing in my position except for personal items that I had previously gotten from Gansu he welcomed me back to Gansu. I leapt in joy for I knew I was in a safe place protected from the dangers of the silk road.I then bolted to the city market to get food and water for if I were to not get it soon I might as well have not been let into the city for I would be a dead-man. I then noticed that there was a pillage happening in the town and I ran to the next city and I told of the nearby city being pillaged. In this next city I was delighted to find that the next city was Dunhuang and that I found many people that were willing to take my goods and deliver it for me! But when I gave it to who I thought was the best choice for the job he ran away with my goods and screamed” Your being robbed!” (All of the above writings have been translated to English)

source: Click here